Senior Full Stack Engineer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Social Ecosystem is the Epic organization that owns the answers to three questions: Who are our players, how are they organized, and what can they do together? These areas of concern cover responsibilities including account management, parties, voice chat, child safety, in-game social overlay, stewardship of personal data, and more. Our platform is designed to be used by developers within and beyond the walls of the Epic ecosystem, and supports exciting titles like Fortnite, Rocket League, and Fall Guys.
What You'll Do
Fullstack Engineers on the Identity team impact a diverse set of account initiatives from end to end. These include internal apps like Epic Games Store sign-in and account management to game client account experiences like Fortnite, Rocket League, and Fall Guys. We are creating a universal platform and account experience that allows players and developers to benefit from not having to implement and manage account services themselves and empowers users to connect accounts across ecosystems and gaming platforms and have more fun with friends and family on any device. Identity Fullstack Engineers build and support login, sign up, session management, safety and privacy controls, developer integrations, and family management features. Identity team members are a core team that play a critical role in current projects and future objectives as Epic strives to create user first open experience for the metaverse. As an engineer at Epic, you’ll leverage deep full-stack understanding to solve complex technical challenges with novel solutions. You will collaborate with an experienced team at the forefront of the games industry, in order to provide exceptional user experiences.
In this role, you will
- Connect front end user flows with backend services in efficient and reusable patterns to support multiple clients and customers across the Epic ecosystem including games, apps, and services
- Work with distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
- Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
- Own the entire lifecycle of services and web applications, including live operations and deployment
- Design, create, deploy, and operate user flows for sign-in, sign-up, and account management
- Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Mongodb, Dynamo and Redis)
- Work together with both upstream and downstream service owners, producers and other cloud infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions
What we're looking for
- 4+ years experience crafting secure, scalable, and highly available web applications and services
- Experience programming front-end applications with modern frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular, etc.
- Experience programming back-end web services in Java or similar language
- Experience with cloud technologies (we use AWS)
- Demonstrated understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical. "
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.