Operations Manager, People - USA
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming with a $500 million valuation and backing from top tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
We’re looking for a strategic and hands-on operations manager focused on building the people and HR functions at Inworld. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and managing top-tier people programs including performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and employment law and compliance.
- Strategic Leadership
- Develop and execute people operations strategy aligned with the company's overall goals and objectives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including talent acquisition, finance, and legal to ensure cohesion across different operational areas
- HR Policies and Compliance
- Develop, implement, and maintain HR policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Review policies and practices to maintain compliance and maintain an up-to-date employee handbook
- Ensure compliance with the labor laws and regulations, and completion of mandatory reporting
- Stay on top of changes in employment laws and regulations, and proactively update HR policies and practices accordingly
- Administer unemployment claims, workers’ compensation, leaves of absence, including short and long-term disabilities, FMLA, PFL, CFRA, PDL
- Serve as the point of contact for immigration-related matters, including visa sponsorships, work permits, and green card applications
- Performance management
- Assist managers in connecting individual performance to company goals to ensure that team members understand how they contribute to company success
- Run performance reviews and coach managers on performance management
- Support organizational changes
- Compensation and Benefits
- Administer compensation and benefits programs, including salary structure, equity, and other elements of total rewards
- Design and manage benefits plans. Support employees in the benefits program, including new employees enrollment, annual open enrollment, and offboarding
- Support FSA and HSA claims, 401(K) reporting
- Administer additional perks, such as learning and development programs
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Develop and execute programs to strengthen diversity, equity, and inclusion within Inworld
- Promote a culture of collaboration and equal participation by fostering transparent and inclusive communication with employees
- Onboarding and Offboarding
- Enable seamless employee onboarding, ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and filed
- Facilitate the off-boarding process, conduct exit interviews, advise employees on their rights and any benefits they are entitled to upon termination
- Employee Relations
- Address employee inquiries and grievances
- Facilitate and administer changes in employment status
- Culture and engagement
- Help organize company-wide activities and events to foster connection and a sense of belonging
- Develop and implement programs that build employee engagement and retention
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Master's degree or relevant HR certifications a plus
- Minimum 7 years of experience across People Operations, with an emphasis on compliance, labor legislation, total rewards and benefits management. Experience in a high-growth startup environment is a plus.
- Strong people skills and an ability to connect and support employees at all levels
- In-depth knowledge of Federal, California, and local labor and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Canada labor and regulatory requirements is considered a plus
- Detailed knowledge and expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Strong strategic thinking, project management, and decision-making skills
- Flexibility to work in an environment with shifting priorities and ambiguity
- Strong communication skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail
- Proficient in HRIS, Google Workspace, and related software
Work Location: Hybrid in Mountain View.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $170,000 - $220,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, level, and additional factors, including competencies, experience, and business needs. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.