Senior Legal Counsel
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in underserved frontier markets. Carry1st has a proprietary payments and ecommerce platform which allows players to acquire global content using locally-accessible payment methods. We are backed by awesome investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Avenir, Konvoy Ventures, and Nas.
As Senior Legal Counsel you will provide strategic guidance and consultation to the executive team across corporate, commercial, employee, and IP matters. Serving as the leader of the Company’s legal team, you will advise on all legal matters and safeguard the Company by ensuring compliance and limiting risk exposure. Importantly, as our first legal hire, you will fulfill a wide variety of duties and responsibilities.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to Senior Leadership
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of legal agreements
- Evaluate the legal, compliance and reporting risks associated with business activities
- Develop and maintain internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Deal with external parties (external counsel, partners, investors, regulators)
- Juris Doctor professional degree in law
- Broad legal experience with solid foundation in contract law
- Hands on experience working across territories (bonus: working across the US and Africa)
- Effective, executive level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience recruiting and managing high performing, diverse teams
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 20+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- Bloomberg announced that Nas and Google joined Carry1st’s $20M round
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market
Something looks off?