Head of Growth, Games
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, license, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
Reporting to the COO, the Head of Growth, Games, will be responsible for defining and executing against the publishing strategy for the company’s new and third-party games. You will inform the ways in which we test concepts, prototypes, and games in soft launch - as well as lead our efforts to scale our partner’s games in Africa. More specifically, in this role you will…
- Define and codify our strategy for branding, marketing, and monetizing in-development and established games to drive positive ROI
- Partner with product, UA, and data teams to test and optimize art style, creative strategy, and ASO for games in development
- Lead the end-to-end publishing of owned and third-party games coordinating across UA, Community, and Product teams
- Recruit, align, and coach a team of growth leads for individual games
What makes you a great candidate?
- Experience in a senior product marketing role for a top 100 grossing F2P mobile game
- Demonstrated creative approach to multifaceted product marketing
- Ability to collaborate with product teams and inform / influence product strategy
- Highly skilled operator, experience building and enforcing clear processes and plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to synthesize and communicate complex ideas to both executives and team members
- Ambitious, hard-working, entrepreneurial mindset, with an orientation toward problem-solving and a strong desire to win
- Experience recruiting and managing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interest / experience in serving emerging markets
Carry1st is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Our team is diverse and global as we operate fully-remotely across 25+ countries. At Carry1st, you will have the opportunity to…
- Develop, launch, and scale industry-defining games in innovative ways
- Make a difference, serving a large underserved player base across Africa and global frontier
- Become a leader in an emerging VC-backed startup with strong prospects
- Own shares in the company, enabling you to benefit from the value you help create
- Work from anywhere in the world (time zone permitting) with immense personal flexibility
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st raised $27 million to scale mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss the Carry1st and the African gaming market
Something looks off?