Senior Games Analyst
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As Sr Games Analyst, you will be responsible for driving enjoyable player experiences and sustainable player LTV by analysing in-game behavioural data, progression trends, and purchase propensities. You will be the go-to analyst for generating efficient insights on games engagement and games economy - supporting our Product teams in driving game evolution to success. As a senior analyst in our Data org, you will work closely with our VP Data in developing frameworks for scaling games analytics as our titles multiply.
You will …
- Develop core framework - models, insights, metrics - for understanding the success factor of a game by exploring various methodologies of understanding player engagement, player retention, and game economics
- Translate and tailor this framework for specific games to understand ongoing performance and long-term trends via effective dashboards - KPIs and visualisations
- Partner with Product stakeholders and take the technical lead in designing experiments that explore different scenarios and key dependencies
- Advise Growth on feedback loops to optimise user acquisition via LTV segmentations
- Develop behavioural and value player segmentations that drive deeper thinking about game economies
- Bank general customer and game insights to drive Carry1st’s strategic direction via new business models
What makes you a great candidate?
- Degree in Economics, Physics, Statistics, Complex Systems or similar
- Minimum 3 years experience in mobile games analytics
- Strong mathematical and statistical acumen
- Solid SQL skills and practical analytics/data science experience with Python
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills as a foundation for adaptability in an ambiguous and agile environment of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to effectively communicate complex insights and hypotheses to business stakeholders
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…