VP of Growth, Games
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, publishing, and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. Across our publishing and Pay1st business lines, we are partnered with top global game companies like Riot Games, Activision, and Stillfront. We are backed by top investors like: a16z, Bitkraft, Google, Konvoy, Riot Games, and Nas.
Reporting to the COO, the VP of Growth, Games will be responsible for defining and executing against the publishing strategy for the company’s first-party and licensed games. You will inform the ways in which we test and improve marketability in our development portfolio using a product marketing lens; and lead our efforts to scale live games in Africa and beyond. More specifically, in this role you will…
- Define and implement core product marketing strategies to ensure we’re building and launching games with best-in-class marketability
- Define and implement core growth strategies to ensure we’re scaling our games to reach and delight the largest audience possible
- Lead end-to-end publishing of several games in partnership with collaborators across: product, data, consumer insights, user acquisition, creative production, and community
- Deliver commercial outcomes aligning financial and human resources to maximize ROI
- Recruit, manage, and coach a team of high performance Growth Managers serving across a portfolio of (primarily) free-to-play games
What makes you a great candidate?
- Experience leading teams to drive massive outcomes for one or more F2P mobile games
- Strong understanding of mobile marketing across organic discovery, community-oriented marketing, and performance marketing
- Good product sense with the ability to inform product roadmaps to attract and satisfy players
- Ability to recruit, train, and manage high potential individuals and build high performance teams
- Strong written / verbal communication, with ability to synthesize complex ideas for different internal and external audiences
- Ambitious, hard-working, entrepreneurial mindset with an orientation toward problem-solving
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in serving emerging markets
Carry1st is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Our team is diverse and global as we operate fully-remotely across 25+ countries. At Carry1st, you will have the opportunity to…
- Develop, launch, and scale industry-defining games in innovative ways
- Make a difference, serving a large underserved player base across Africa and global frontier
- Become a leader in an emerging VC-backed startup with strong prospects
- Own shares in the company, enabling you to benefit from the value you help create
- Work from anywhere in the world (time zone permitting) with immense personal flexibility
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…