Carry1st is the leading publisher of social games and interactive content in Africa. We work with studios across the globe - from Addis Ababa to Sofia to New York City - to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition to our full-stack publishing service, we’ve built a proprietary payments and ecommerce experience which allows customers to pay for digital content, even when they don’t have a credit card.
As DevOps Engineer you’ll be responsible for maintaining a scalable Kubernetes environment(s) to delight customers in challenging telecom environments across Africa. You’ll work closely with our Senior DevOps Engineer and CTO on projects such as automated build, test, and packaging systems, as well as source control management across Carry1st. Using your passion for technology, you’ll support the team in ensuring components of our core infrastructure are modern, scalable and resilient.
- Optimize AWS infrastructure for improved performance, security, and cost management
- Maintain automation tools (CI / CD) to facilitate the development and deployment of Android builds
- Build, optimize and maintain Kubernetes clusters for development, staging, and production environments
- Set up and execute progressive load tests simulating visits on a massive scale
- Design procedures for system monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Provide support for development and customer support teams
- Secure, store and tightly control access to tokens, passwords, certificates, encryption keys
What makes you a great candidate?
- 2+ years work experience as a DevOps Engineer on Kubernetes
- Solid experience working in the AWS environment, with services like EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, RDS, KMS, SES, SQS
- Strong knowledge of database architecture (PostgreSQL) and caching technologies (MemCached, Redis)
- Working knowledge of Python/Java or similar coding language
- Experience with technologies such as RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Jira, ElasticSearch, Grafana
- Self-motivation, problem solving and ability to work in a distributed team environment
- Bonus: Serverless experience (AWS lambda)
What will we offer you?
- An incredible amount of autonomy and flexibility where taking the lead is encouraged
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world
- Competitive cash compensation and equity ownership
Some additional perks you’ll get access to…
- Co-working excursions and retreats: Our teams are encouraged to work from a shared location and visit each other. Carry1st will cover travel expenses, accommodation, and provide you with a daily spending allowance
- Awesome Equipment: To set our teammates up for success we make sure you’ve got everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: An allowance that you can put towards creating your own office space, whether it’s internet expenses, ad-hoc equipment, or using a co-working space
- Birthday Leave: Our teammates enjoy a paid day off on their special day
- Learning and Development: Access to a Professional Development Fund to enable teammates to attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Although we’ve specified a location that could work well for this role, it’s not essential to be based there. Carry1st is a remote first company – in fact, we currently have people in over 19 different countries. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…