Systems Designer - LondonDeadline
CCP is looking for a Systems Designer to join our London team to help design and build systems for an unannounced online tactical sci-fi shooter based in the New Eden universe.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated Systems Designer who is a team player ready to make a big impact on our game. The position will require you to collaborate on compelling systems to make a cohesive gameplay experience, working closely with designers and engineers to produce content that is engaging to players and performs well, as well as identifying toolchain and process improvements to help the team produce content more efficiently.
You’ll be comfortable prototyping in Unreal Engine and will also be great at maintaining and improving existing systems as well as developing new features to improve the overall game.
We believe diversity is a strength and we are looking for talent across the board.
Who are We?
CCP Games originates from Iceland but has a long history of bringing people together from all corners of the world. We know that to build a successful alliance we need people from various backgrounds with unique experiences to help us grow.
We believe diversity is a strength and are looking for talents across the board. We are passionate about expanding our world and unlocking new opportunities within New Eden, and we are constantly on the lookout for ways to deepen the player experience.
CCP Games has a truly unique offering when it comes to culture and vibe. Perhaps originating from, and has often been referred to as ‘the Icelandic effect‘.
Our core values are Excellence, Courage, Unity and Honesty, and we favour authenticity and candid approaches.
What you bring
• Experience designing systems, both combat and non-combat, for first-person shooters
• Experience working with Unreal Engine Blueprints
• Experience of rapid prototyping in Unreal Engine
• Experience with scripting tools or languages (i.e. Lua, C#, C++)
• Ability to work closely across disciplines to a create cohesive experience
• Ability to think logically and break down complex problems and find creative solutions
• A strong focus on attention to detail
• Ability to thrive within a collaborative environment - both giving and receiving constructive feedback
• Good written and verbal communication
• Familiarity with the EVE universe
What we bring
• An opportunity to work with an experienced and ambitious multicultural team
• The chance to help shape a brand new experience in the Eve universe
• A structured and supportive environment that aims to help you learn and grow
• Remote work support
• Free breakfasts, lunches, drinks and snacks in the studio • A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
• Enhanced family leave policies
• Employer contributory pension plan
• Life insurance
• Private medical and dental for both you and your family
• Quarterly and annual bonus scheme
• 25 days of holiday