Senior Character Artist - LondonDeadline
Senior Character Artist
CCP London is the newest studio in the CCP family, and we are currently growing our team to begin production on a ground-breaking online sci-fi shooter.
We are looking for a Senior Character Artist to join our Art Team and help create iconic characters for a new experience within the EVE IP.
Who are We?
CCP Games’ London studio has a truly unique offering when it comes to culture and vibe. Perhaps originating from and it’s often been referred to as, the Icelandic effect. It’s impossible to ignore. Whether you have a degree or not, we are looking for someone who is passionate about their craft, and who wants to learn from the great team around them. To top it off we are working on an amazing project in the London Studio within the EVE IP.
Excellence – Courage – Unity – Honesty
These are our core values, and we are always on the lookout for signals when we’re interviewing. We are an open book. Authenticity and a candid approach to meetings and interviews really helps pave the way to not just managing expectations, but also smart and efficient decision making. We offer a supportive and trusting work environment, with plenty of opportunities for growth. You'll have access to thousands of quality online courses and books and array of development tools, in the form of courses, further learning materials and on the job learning experience.
We believe diversity is a strength and we are looking for talent across the board, including those that are considered to be unrepresented in the industry.
The role will be based in London and we are currently working a hybrid studio/wfh model.
• Work closely with Art Direction and Concept Art to create awesome Hard Sci-Fi Characters
• Be hands on, using your specialist knowledge and eye for detail to bring realistic characters from initial concept to final asset
• Assemble reference, mood boards and video reference as requested
• Produce briefs, and provide feedback to outsource partners where required
• Work with the Production team to help develop schedules and timely delivery of assets
• Work with Tech Artists and Programming team to help define and implement workflows, pipelines and best practice
• Set benchmark standards and ensure quality bar is maintained
• Ensure all Characters are delivered against agreed technical specifications, quality bars and functioning as intended
• Strong understanding of art and design fundamentals
• Excellent eye for detailing and tailoring to make our characters believable
• Excellent understanding of form, line, shape, colour, proportions, composition
• A love of hard Sci-Fi
• Excel at understanding a brief and interpreting information to produce characters against design requirements and art style
• Experience with PBR material workflows
• Expert with Substance Painter and Designer
• Expert knowledge of, Maya, Zbrush
• Experience writing clear and understandable briefs
• At least 3 years experience in AAA game development
• An amazing portfolio you are proud of
What we can offer you:
• The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering ambitious project with great co-workers
• An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
• A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and innovation
• Free breakfast, lunches, drinks, and snacks (in the studio) • A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
• Travel and Fitness grants
• Enhanced family leave policies
• Employer contributory pension plan
• Life Insurance
• Private medical and dental