Senior Engine Programmer - ReykjavíkDeadline
Senior Engine Programmer
CCP Iceland is looking for a talented Senior Engine Programmer to support development of our proprietary multi-platform game engine.
The perfect candidate has a solid experience in game engine development and thrives in a team environment which focuses on innovation and growth. The position is a full-time job based at the CCP headquarters in beautiful Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Investigating, planning, and implementing projects related to the health and capabilities of the game engine
- Identifying client performance issues, researching, and implementing solutions to resolve those bottlenecks
- Contribute to all aspects of release and sprint planning with the ability to accurately estimate effort required
- Maintaining and optimizing existing engine subsystems for all platforms
- Designing and implementing new engine subsystems for all platforms
- Debugging and bug fixing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with software development
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ with strong knowledge of Python
- Familiar with modern software development practices such as CI/CD, SDK and middleware integration, version control and code reviews
- Experience with multithreaded & multiplatform development
- Able to determine technical requirements based on discussions with various departments at the company
- Mentor other programmers to help them grow and ensure the best solutions are used to serve the project
- Prioritize and breakdown engineering tasks for a project, to meet deadlines while documenting and following best practices
- Knowledge of development methodologies and working in teams
- All applicants should be prepared to provide code and work samples and/or set time aside for a test assignment.
What we can offer you:
- The inspiring opportunity to work on a new project in cooperation with talented and adventurous co-workers
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and innovation
- Dual workstation setup and flexible work environment
- An active fun club that hosts regular events
- An excellent canteen that offers a weekly breakfast and lunch menu as well as drinks and snacks
- Discretionary quarterly and annual performance sharing plan
- Annual sports grant
- A mobile phone as well as a mobile usage package
- Home internet
- A conditional monthly transportation grant
- Work environment that focuses on employee well-being
- On-site doctor, free of charge, as well as other on-site services at a discounted price
- Relocation Package
All applications and related documents must be submitted in English to be valid.
All applicants should be prepared to provide code and work samples and/or set time aside for a test assignment.