Senior Director of People Technology & Operations
We are looking for someone to lead Discord’s People Technology & Operations function, reporting to our Chief HR Officer. As leader of this function, you will play a pivotal role in shaping Discord’s future and charting the course to drive data-informed decision-making across all People and Talent areas. You will lead the team responsible for all things related to our HR systems, analytics, and the operations to support all of Discord – from overseeing the development and optimization of people technology solutions, to surfacing the insights and analytics to support leaders across the company, to simplifying processes that support managers and employees alike.
What you'll be doing
- Lead and inspire a team of leaders and individual contributors who are highly technical, analytical, and operational
- Sponsor the development and implementation of a comprehensive people systems infrastructure and roadmap, becoming the central owner across various enterprise and productivity tools across the People & Talent team
- Develop and implement a comprehensive people technology strategy that aligns with the organization's HR and business goals
- Ensure that HR technology systems comply with data privacy and security regulations and maintain the highest standards of data protection
- Establish the people analytics strategy and priorities, with an eye to driving data-informed decision making across the company in the areas of organizational health and team effectiveness
- Lead cross functional People & Talent projects aimed at improving operational efficiencies and enhancing the employee experience across key user journeys
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the People & Talent team, as well as cross functional partners in Finance, Accounting, Operations, IT, and beyond to ensure alignment and optimization of technology and operations efforts across Discord
What you should have
- 10+ years of progressive experience leading HRIS and other people-related technology, with proven ability to drive the implementation and integration roadmap across products and systems such as Workday and Greenhouse
- Experience in systems implementation that includes integration across business systems beyond the People & Talent team, such as Finance, Corporate Engineering, and IT
- Demonstrated strength in stakeholder management, roadmap prioritization, and change management skills in how they communicate
- Demonstrated expertise in people analytics and the ability to digest data and pull out insights, but also understand where the data comes from and how to optimize systems to support its digestion; this expertise could be built on a foundation in computer science, data science, math, or related field
- Experience designing and communicating clear processes, with a focus on problem solving and process improvement; demonstrates an operational mindset, able to identify root causes for process inefficiencies, and build scalable processes appropriate for a startup environment
- 7+ years of experience in people management; experience being a player/coach, and owning some of the hard things with your team
- An unyielding passion to provide the ultimate employee experience, and serving as a model of Discord’s values in the experience of cross functional partners working with the team
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $261,000 to $287,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!