Senior Software Engineer - Nitro Growth
Discord is looking for a technical, creative, motivated and mission-focused Senior Engineer to help scale our technology and premium products. You will work with teams across the Premium Products organization such as Engineering, Product, Data Science, Design, Infrastructure, and Customer Success to build features that will help us achieve our revenue goals.
Come help us scale our platform and products to directly promote the vision of multi-billion dollars in revenue at Discord. You will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager of Nitro Growth.
To learn more about Discord Engineering, take a look at our engineering blog!
What you'll be doing
- Building the revenue driving products and services at Discord.
- We work across iOS, Android and our web application. We work across the stack, but it's ok if you don't know all of our technology on day one!
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with a focus on autonomy and support from the team.
- Work with designers and product managers to create delightful interfaces and experiences.
- Fearlessly dive into the unknown alongside intelligent engineers challenging themselves and people around you.
Things we look for
- We're a multi-platform team, so it's important to have a solid understanding of the development frameworks and fundamentals of one or more of our platforms: web (React, TypeScript), Android (React Native, Kotlin), iOS (React Native, Objective-C, Swift), and backend (Python and some Elixir).
- Experience building and shipping product features.
- You collaborate closely with product managers, designers, analysts, and other engineers to define great solutions to business problems
- You believe in solving a problem completely rather than simply shipping a solution. You operate autonomously and follow through on your commitments.
- Strong open-source leadership or contributions
- Ability to make hard tradeoffs between important goals
- Experience on a growth team
The US base salary range for this full-time position is ($190,000) to (204,000) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!