Senior Software Engineer, Safety Processing
As an engineer on the Safety Processing team you will work on the core safety pipeline — allowing users to report issues to Discord and building the tools and infrastructure to handle those reports efficiently. You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager of Safety Processing.
Join our team in taking on the immense challenge of designing the future of safety at Discord!
What you'll do
- Scale and improve Discord's incident routing service
- Use our internal ML models to prioritize and automate report handling
- Bring our next-generation review processing tooling to life at the scale of Discord
What you should have
- 4+ years experience working on full-stack products or systems using Python + Flask or similar technologies
- Comfort working in undefined environments, and experience creating pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Confidence in taking a high-level goal and working with others to achieve a shippable solution
- Experience building internal tools, especially for content moderation, customer service, or data-driven investigation
- Experience designing and deploying scalable services using components such as Kafka, PubSub, GCP/AWS, and Kubernetes
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000 to $204,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#buildbelonging #LI-Hybrid #LI-WK1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Something looks off?