Senior Software Engineer, Client Developer Experience
Discord is looking for a technical, empathetic, hands-on, and mission-focused engineer who is passionate to join the Client Developer Experience team. This team creates delightful developer experiences for product engineers to accelerate their ability to build and ship UI products. It supports the development process from writing code, to deploying to production, to monitoring how that code performs across web, mobile, and desktop. You'll bring your expertise and passion for delivering high quality products to equip our engineering organization with the tools needed to move quickly and iterate on product features that build belonging for millions of people.
What you'll do
- Develop tools and frameworks to automate the development, testing, and deployment of Discord's client applications
- Collaborate with product engineering teams, PMs, and designers to understand opportunities to improve their developer experience, design solutions, and get feedback
- Help guide the technical direction of the Discord client developer experience team
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry technologies, and leverage that knowledge to improve our developer experience
- Support product engineers in using development tooling through documentation, answering questions, and sharing best practices
- Participate in an internal helpdesk rotation to field questions from other teams and debug breakages
- Push the limits and evolve the software development lifecycle alongside an evolving Discord.
- Collaborate with staff engineers and partners across the organization to ensure technical understanding around yours and other's vision.
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in software development with a focus on tooling
- Experience with mobile app build systems and tools in iOS (Bazel) or Android (Gradle) ecosystems
- Expertise in multiple development tools (CLI tools, build/deployment processes, IDEs, testing frameworks, webCI, webpack, metro, CocoaPods, etc.)
- Be comfortable with working across multiple programming languages
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000 to $204,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!