Senior Product Marketing Manager, Gaming
Discord is growing fast and we’re building an outstanding marketing organization to help shape and scale our gaming product narrative. We’re looking for a senior product marketer who shares our passion for gaming and wants to join us in adding contagious enthusiasm to the team as we continue to build gaming experiences for more and more users globally.
Discord helps gamers connect with each other, chat, and play together. We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who shares our passion for gaming and can help us make Discord the best place to hang out with other gamers.
As the Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Discord, your primary focus will be on making Discord the best place for gamers to hang out and play together. You will work with our product, design, and engineering teams to develop and launch new features that make playing games together even more fun and engaging. Your role will be instrumental in shaping the direction of the platform and ensuring that we continue to meet the needs of our diverse community of gamers. You will report directly to the Group Product Marketing Manager of Gaming.
What you'll be doing
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to design GTM strategies for gaming product and campaign launches, leading development, alignment, approval and end-to-end execution
- Work with cross-functional teams and official game partners to build co-marketing campaigns that increase awareness, engagement and adoption
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns with partners, Community, Social Partnerships and influencer teams that celebrate gaming culture
- Create a messaging strategy that communicates the value brings to gamers
- Partner directly with Product and Engineering teams to identify the right product experiments to run, production positioning, data to track and analyze, or features to optimize to impact consumer acquisition.
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to advise, inform, and support ongoing product roadmap planning with user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Stay on top of trends in the market, find opportunities and develop strategy to grab the opportunities and understand the competitors.
What you should have
- Experience working in the gaming industry either at a studio or streaming service
- 5+ years of product marketing experience strategizing and executing large-scale, creative consumer campaigns spanning online and offline activations. This includes managing creative, media, and digital agencies to develop highly engaging content.
- 5+ years of experience launching and scaling consumer tech products into international markets
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to identify marketing opportunities
- Experience measuring the success of marketing programs in driving campaign and product metrics that impact core business results.
- Experience working with agency partners
- Experience in brand marketing and/or partner marketing
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $175,000 to $191,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Something looks off?