Product Manager, Core Experiences
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to build connections, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord is the magic of hanging with friends. The Core Experiences Team is responsible bringing this magic to new segments outside of desktop gaming, where a large portion of our user base sits today. With this mission comes a broad set of focus areas, everything from building new messaging features to redesigning our mobile app.
We're looking for a Product Manager to help make this vision a reality. Reporting to the GPM of Core Experiences, you’ll dig deep to understand the problems our users face, and creatively define solutions to their problems.
What you'll be doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for features and tools that allow more users to find the magic of small group hangouts on Discord**.**
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build delightful outstanding products.
- Work with other Core Experience product managers to ensure we’re building toward a connected vision.
- Partner with other product managers and product teams across Discord, such as Revenue, Communities, and more.
- Empathize with a diverse set of users and use-cases - from power users to those who’ve never used the product before.
What you should have
- Experience building products that people love
- Product sense shaped by a deep understanding of your users.
- An excitement for finding solutions to problems, and then executing on them.
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 2+ years of experience focused on consumer product.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data, including writing SQL.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working with engineers.
- Experience building consumer social/communication products, especially as a founder.
- A love for helping and empowering others.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000 to $204,000 + equity and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related experience or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!