Software Engineer Intern - Platform Ecosystems
The Summer Internship
At Discord, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups, based on interests and skill sets and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer.
Internships are paid and are a minimum of 12 weeks, targeting a start date in June to accommodate varying school calendars.
The Apps User Experience team builds the core elements of creative and diverse experiences on Discord. Millions of people use apps & bots on Discord to manage communities, play games with friends, listen to music, hang out, and much more.
What You'll Do
- Build and ship high-quality experiences for our users, working directly with design and product teams.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product, and design on what the future looks like for apps on Discord
You'll Excel In This Role If...
- You have full stack experience (any stack is fine - we use React, TypeScript, Python)
- You're interested in product and have an eye for visuals
- You're excited about Discord bots!
- Mobile experience (React Native) is a plus!
Salary of $63/hour*
- Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law and CO Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Benefits listed below may differ from those available depending on terms of employment
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!