Senior Software Engineer - Leverage Engineering
Discord is starting a new team with the mission of improving the lives of all Discord employees aka Discordians. As a founding member of the Leverage Engineering team, you’ll build products, tools, and novel solutions that empower teams to work faster, smarter, and more collaboratively.
We are looking for a curious self-starter who loves building new products in an iterative and fast moving environment. In this role, you will build software from the ground up to solve critical bottlenecks internally. This is a highly cross functional role and you’ll interface with leaders and collaborate with your customers regularly. If you’re the type of person who loves automating away manual tasks and get a deep sense of fulfilment from seeing others succeed, then read on as this role might be perfect for you.
What you'll be doing
- Own the full product development lifecycle for new internal infrastructure and product experiences end-to-end.
- Talk to internal stakeholders to understand their problems and design solutions to address them.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, designers, and operations folks to create cutting-edge products.
- Leverage LLMs and other ML/AI products to develop new and exciting products that push the limits on how we work together and get things done.
- Build APIs, stand up infrastructure, design UIs, and build Discord bots that integrate with third party products.
What you should have
- Proficiency with some backend language (we mostly use Python)
- Some experience with relational databases like Sqlite, Postgres, and BigQuery
- Interest in AI, ML, and LLMs
- Experience using cloud technologies and services in GCP or AWS
- Relevant engineering experience at tech and product-driven companies
- Ability to move fast in an environment where things can be loosely defined and you may have competing priorities or deadlines
- Direct experience with ML/AI technologies
- An attention to detail and an eye for elegant UI design
- Experience building Discord bots or other chat based applications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $190,000 to $204,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!