Senior UX Designer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative, while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. We approach the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a passionate UX Designer to join our team working on a new game in the Epic ecosystem. In this position, you will have a role in designing features and UI screens by generating wireframes, documentation, and prototypes. You will then work with game designers, product managers, engineers and artists to ship these features to millions of users.
In this role, you will
- Work with game designers and product managers to translate goals and constraints into compelling user-facing features
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation that clearly convey ideas
- Present and pitch designs to stakeholders and Epic leadership
- Work collaboratively with engineers, artists, and UX researchers to develop features
- Work quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment
What we're looking for
- You have 3-5 years of experience working collaboratively to design features and complex UX systems through to completion across multiple platforms (mobile, web, pc, consoles)
- You have 3-5 years of experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams
- You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software
- You have a strong online portfolio demonstrating player-centered design solutions with strong visual direction and interaction design
- You have a passion for making and playing games and have a strong sense of player empathy
- You are a proactive individual who naturally leans into owning outcomes and are able to deal with ambiguity well and adapt to changes of plan quickly
Nice to have skills
- You have worked on or shipped a AAA game title
- You have worked in eCommerce
- You have experience working in Unreal Engine
- A degree in related fields (Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design, etc).
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.