This Comms Specialist will be responsible for building the Slimecore Community and helping represent Genpop to the games industry. We’re a new and scrappy team and this is an opportunity to build from the ground floor. The Comms Specialist will launch new community channels and engage and grow our existing channels (Twitter, Discord, etc.) by creating and distributing evergreen and social content that will keep our players engaged and informed as Slimecore levels up in a AAA shooter. They will work closely with the games marketing, design, go-to-market, PR, influencers and agency partners to develop creative content that supports Genpop’s design vision. This person will have a passion for the intersection of Games and technology, and the ability to craft a unique and memorable voice that influences, educates, and delights. They should be up to speed on the latest social media trends and strategies as well as internet culture and conversations.
Step into a pivotal role as the founding member of our Communications team, bridging the gap between our developers and our dedicated player base. You will work with Marketing to develop campaigns, support efforts, and roll-out projects that support our Brand and game. This role is the best of both worlds for a seasoned community professional, offering the ability to build a community of practice from the ground up while still having day to day tactical impact. This role will report into the Marketing Director, Brand Lead.
- As our Comms Specialist you will work with the Marketing Director to develop campaigns, support efforts, and roll-out projects that support our game teams.
- You'll uphold best practices, including Player-First communication standards, working to establish and then manage thoughtful content across social and influencer strategies.
- You will develop and implement playbooks to ensure we're all working towards the same goals when we talk to players and fans, establishing what it means not just to be a fan of our games, but of our brand.
- Champion player-first ideas and build globally integrated campaigns and strategies across Brand, Creative, Editorial, Influencer, Social and PR teams.
- Customize our community strategies to work with global partners to ensure we create and localize content that resonates with global audiences.
- Develop and implement a player facing communications strategy for game updates.
- Assist Brand and Product leadership in creating messaging that resonates with players and community.
- Guide strategies to localize content that resonates with global audiences.
- 5+ years' experience working in and managing online communities - including social media, digital marketing, and influencer strategies
- Proven knowledge of community management best practices, which includes effective communication approaches, user onboarding, and guiding users throughout their journey.
- Demonstrated expertise in overseeing projects from kickoff to execution.
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative production teams and an understanding of balancing the art and science of digital marketing and communications.
- Track record of developing custom community activations.
- Direct engagement experience in interacting with online communities, whether it be during special events or in moments of crisis management.
- Must have planned and shipped a communications strategy for 2 AAA game campaigns.
Nice to Have:
- Strong creative writing skills or experience.
- Experience moderating an passionate social community.
- Experience working on R&D or startup teams.
- An active interest in Esports.
With video games being at the forefront of what connects us, we share a collective passion for making deep competitive games that are compelling for 1000+ hours and fun to pick up for everyone. Our mission is to iterate on the legacy of the great evergreen games we know and love, bringing the same passion and dedication to the present day as our predecessors did in the past.
Our steadfast commitment to excellence enables us to create games that will stand the test of time, captivating and thrilling players for generations to come. We seek to innovate and push the boundaries of what is possible, creating experiences that are not only engaging and immersive, but also transformative and unforgettable.
Feeling like you might not tick every box in the job description? Concerned your experience might not match up entirely? Research indicates that individuals of diverse backgrounds often hesitate to apply unless they match every qualification. At Genpop, our commitment is to cultivate a diverse, inclusive, and fair environment. Even if your experience doesn’t align precisely with all our listed qualifications, we encourage you to put your name forward. The ideal opportunity for you could be just a step away!