Senior Software Engineer (Go)
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
About Us 🚀
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Our Immutable Engineering Team is the powerhouse behind the world's top gaming-focused NFT Trading Ecosystem. Our team builds user experiences that delightfully and readily meet the demands of planet-scale web3 games. We solve complex problems at the bleeding edge of technology and have tons of fun.
Immutable can hire engineers across the Asia Pacific region. We can conduct all interviews and onboarding remotely and pride ourselves on our global experience. You can work from our Immutable HQ in Sydney, or we will provide a WeWork all-access pass in any major city. We also offer relocation packages to Australia!
Our ambition is to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs. 🚀
About The Role 🤔:
As a Senior Software Engineer, this role presents an opportunity for individuals passionate about tackling high-impact technical challenges, leading innovation in blockchain applications, and contributing to the development of scalable, secure systems. The chance to influence core architectural decisions, mentor peers, and engage with cutting-edge technologies makes this position highly attractive for those seeking significant professional growth and the opportunity to shape the future of technology within a dynamic environment.
Immutable aims to help businesses scale their creation and trading of unique in-game assets. As Immutable helps businesses scale, we’re looking to scale, too! We are searching for passionate engineers who want to work on genuinely hard problems in one of the most exciting spaces in the world right now.
If you are a talented Senior Software Engineer with skills in Go and a passion for blockchain technology, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
You’ll Be Empowered To 🎮:
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance system architectures
- Identify bottlenecks and optimise the performance of existing systems
- Explore and integrate blockchain technologies where applicable
- Strengthen the security of applications by implementing best practices, conducting security audits, and addressing vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with SRE teams to streamline development workflows, and set up continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Gain exposure working in a Web3 development environment, including regular workshops and learning opportunities for blockchain development
- Be part of a collaborative team environment
- Work in an experimental environment, learning from customer feedback and iterating on products
- Work closely with your team members to ensure operational excellence for the services your team owns
- Continually work with your team to iterate on ways of working
We'd Love You To Bring 🤝:
- Expertise in Go programming is crucial, including a deep understanding of its syntax, standard library, and idiomatic patterns. The ability to write clean, efficient, and maintainable code is essential
- A strong ability to design scalable and robust system architectures. This includes making informed decisions about data modelling, API design, and the overall structure of the backend systems
- Proficiency in managing concurrency in Go, understanding goroutines, channels, and the sync package. The ability to develop high-performance, concurrent applications is a significant strength
- Knowledge of blockchain principles, smart contracts, and consensus algorithms. Familiarity with integrating blockchain technologies and understanding their impact on system design and security
- A strong emphasis on security, understanding common vulnerabilities, and how to mitigate them. This includes knowledge of cryptographic principles, secure coding practices, and experience in implementing authentication, authorization, and data protection mechanisms
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and services
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!
Join us in shaping the future of web3 gaming!