Business Development Manager - Canada
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming, with a $500 million valuation and backing from top-tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are under consideration to be a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify, negotiate, and secure partnerships with gaming studios, AI technology providers, platforms, and other key players in the industry.
- Work alongside the leadership team to define, develop and execute business strategies for existing and new clients.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting partner relationships and offer solutions and support.
- Analyze market trends, competitor movements, and developer preferences to guide business decisions.
- Manage ongoing relationships with the key Inworld AI partners and deliver a world-class developer success program.
- Oversee the development and negotiation of contracts with partners to ensure mutually beneficial terms for both parties.
- Work closely with departments across the organization including product, engineering and marketing to ensure business goals align and opportunities are maximized.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to identify new business opportunities and stay ahead of the competition.
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and other networking opportunities.
What you’ll bring
- Passion for AI, gaming and all things interactive.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development, or related roles preferably in the gaming or technology industries.
- Proven track record of closing key accounts and delivering revenue growth.
- Excellent business writing, presentation, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.