Staff Backend Developer - Java / Kotlin / Python - Canada
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming, with a $500 million valuation and backing from top-tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are under consideration to be a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
We are looking for Backend Developers, Senior levels and higher, to join our talented team and help build the product that will shape the future of AI.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years professional experience with Java and/or Kotlin.
- Expertise in SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in Kubernetes.
- Practical knowledge of cloud platforms: AWS or Google Cloud.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing high-load distributed systems.
- Strong fundamentals in the data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented programming.
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java and/or Kotlin.
- Experience in building ML systems and/or development platforms.
- Experience in leading small teams.
- Building from scratch or in the early phase: high-load distributed systems, high-quality APIs, ML inference, and training infrastructure.
- Contributing to the product design and roadmap.
- Prototyping new ideas and features.