Senior Data Scientist - USA
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming, with a $500 million valuation and backing from top-tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are under consideration to be a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
We are looking for Data Scientists, Senior levels and higher, to join our talented team and help build the product that will shape the future of AI.
- Be instrumental in building out the data science / analytics function to support our company and product’s growth and development.
- Lead prompt engineering experiments across various types of language model usage.
- Apply technical expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop strategies for our product.
- Work closely with Machine Learning, Engineering and Product teams to understand requirements and help build solutions.
- Build reports, and dashboards using SQL, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools.
- Determine analytics approach to solve business problems and incorporate machine learning algorithms where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree / Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Quantitative/ Computational Social Science or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in data science focusing on AI/ML products.
- Experience working with natural language data (experience working with large language models is a plus)
- Experience in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin etc.).
- Experience in one or more Statistical or mathematical software (E.g.,SAS, or Matlab, R etc.).
- Experience in database modeling, SQL, and data warehousing principles.
- Experience in Machine Learning methods and libraries.
- Experience in product analytics working with product and user behavior data.
- Experience in designing and analyzing A/B tests (experience with adaptive experiments is a plus).
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 - $250,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including competencies and experience.