Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer - USA
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming, with a $500 million valuation and backing from top-tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are under consideration to be a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer, Senior level and higher, to join our talented team and help build the product that will shape the future of AI. In this role, you will help solve exceptional challenges and drive our platform forward by working across the entire stack of modern technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience across the stack, including backend (Java and/or Kotlin) and frontend (TypeScript).
- Expertise in SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Expert knowledge of React/Redux.
- Experience in Kubernetes.
- Practical knowledge of cloud platforms: Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or AWS.
- Strong fundamentals in the data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented programming.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing high-load distributed systems.
- Experience in building ML systems and/or development platforms.
- Experience with WebGL.
- Experience in leading small teams.
- Build from scratch or in the early phase: high-load distributed systems, high-quality APIs, ML inference, and training infrastructure.
- Create user interfaces for advanced interactive AI configuration.
- Contribute to the product design and roadmap.
- Prototype new ideas and features.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 - $260,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, level, and additional factors, including competencies, experience, and business needs. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.