Senior Cloud DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - USA
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming, with a $500 million valuation and backing from top-tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are under consideration to be a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to keep the Inworld systems up and running with the highest level of availability, security, and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a site reliability engineer, DevOps, and/or MLOps engineer
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Linux systems
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as a Code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience working with cloud environments like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with Python or Golang
- Experience with developer tools, productivity, or operations automation
- Experience with orchestrating big containerized deployments (Kubernetes - GKE/EKS or similar)
- Experience with setting up logging and monitoring pipelines (Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.)
- Knowledge of different deployment strategies
- Experience with high-performance and high-available distributed NoSQL and SQL databases, analytics engines, message brokers, and queueing systems
- Experience in designing , building and maintaining Machine Learning Inference or/and training infrastructure is considered a plus
- Work alongside the engineering team to ensure the delivery, scalability, and reliability of the Inworld services
- Measure and monitor availability, latency, and overall service health
- Create and support CI/CD pipelines
- Organize multistage deployment environments
- Drive incident management and post-mortem analysis
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 - $260,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, level, and additional factors, including competencies, experience, and business needs. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.