Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Canada
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming, with a $500 million valuation and backing from top-tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are under consideration to be a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Software Development Engineer in Test, a Senior or higher level, to join our team. As SDET, you will be responsible for designing and implementing test automation frameworks, developing and executing manual and automated test scripts, and ensuring the overall quality of our product.
In This Role You Will
- Design, develop and maintain test tools and automation framework
- Plan, design, and implement complex test scenarios, including multi-user distributed automated testing
- Track performance metrics, optimize product verification and release processes
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including engineering and product
- Conduct manual quality assurance testing and document any identified issues
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software development and test automation
- Be familiar with Node.js
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning and execution, manual and automated testing and reporting
- Experience with test automation frameworks and tools, e.g., Playwright, Cypress