Developer Support Engineer - USA
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming with a $500 million valuation and backing from top tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
In This Role You Will
- Provide technical support to our developer community through various channels.
- Work directly with major partners to support their utilization of Inworld SDK's.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot developer issues related to our platform, tools, and APIs.
- Liaise between the developer community and the internal product and engineering teams to ensure feedback is appropriately channeled and addressed.
- Assume end-to-end ownership of developer issues, ensuring comprehensive troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and resolution.
- Create and maintain tutorials, demos, guides, and other training materials to assist developers in achieving their goals.
- Work closely with new developers to ensure they have the resources and knowledge to effectively use our tools.
- Foster relationships within the broader developer community.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Game Development, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a developer support role or DevOps, preferably within the AI & gaming industry.
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal Engine development.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as C, C#, C++, Python, Rust, etc.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Positive and empathetic attitude with high energy.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $95,000 - $160,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, level, and additional factors, including competencies, experience, and business needs. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.