Forward Deployed Engineer - Canada
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming with a $500 million valuation and backing from top tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
Help shape the future of AI by developing and executing on the vision for AI-driven characters in virtual worlds. In this unique role as a Forward Deployed Engineer, you will work closely with high-profile partners to define, deploy and launch groundbreaking immersive experiences.
This is an opportunity to build 0 to 1 product experiences at the intersection of many of today’s most transformative technologies. Work alongside top AI/ML engineering and product leaders to define requirements, collaborate with partners, solve technical challenges and launch our products.
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years of technical experience as an engineer or PM (bonus points for both).
- Exceptional product intuition, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with strategic partners and presenting to executives.
- Passionate about learning and applying cutting edge AI research.
- Understanding and experience with LLM prompt engineering.
- Hacker mindset and ability to think outside the box.
- Bonus points if you have Unity/Unreal/Game dev experience.
- Work closely with our Product + Partnerships teams to ensure that critical partner projects are successful.
- Solve deeply technical challenges related to AI character interactions and behaviors.
- Work closely with C-level executives and industry leaders to understand business and product needs and translate them into clear product requirements for our platform and characters.
- Translate partners’ feedback and requests into product requirements and roadmap, driving prioritization and pre- and post-launch execution.
- Develop vision and prototype/pilot versions of next generation immersive experiences.