Senior Unreal Engine Developer - Canada
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming with a $500 million valuation and backing from top tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
We are looking for a Senior Unreal Engine Developer to work on Inworld SDK to empower developers and creators to use our platform and build games and virtual experiences. You will work on the demos and prototypes showcasing the features and capabilities of the Inworld AI platform, supporting games and virtual experiences development for the high-end partners, including AAA game studios.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Proficiency in C++ and Blueprint.
- Strong fundamentals in the data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented programming.
Nice to Have
- Networking protocols and networking in games.
- Experience with animation, materials, lighting, and particle systems.
- Experience developing SDKs or tools for interactive experiences.
- Work on technical demos and interactive AI experiences.
- Build Inworld SDK to be used in a variety of metaverses and games by the largest technology and gaming partners around the world.