Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Intern (Summer 2024) - Canada
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming with a $500 million valuation and backing from top tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
- Collaborate with the development team to understand product requirements and contribute to test planning and strategy.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks to validate software functionalities.
- Execute and analyze automated test results, identifying and reporting defects to ensure high-quality software releases.
- Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues and provide timely resolutions.
- Assist in creating and maintaining test documentation, including test cases, test plans, and reports.
- Continuously explore and implement innovative testing solutions and best practices.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Understanding of software testing concepts and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of test automation tools/frameworks e.g., Playwright, Cypress.
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and software development practices.