Technical Product Marketing Manager / Director - Canada
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming with a $500 million valuation and backing from top tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
In this role, you’ll take the lead to define Inworld’s product marketing strategy from start to finish. Partnering with product, engineering, and PR, you will define narratives and go-to-market strategies that resonate with our core audience of video game decision-makers.
The role demands more than just knowledge of game development – you need to be technically fluent in generative AI concepts and have a nuanced understanding of its implications, including addressing the concerns people may have about the ethical, societal, and privacy aspects of AI implementation. We're looking for someone strategic, who can also roll up their sleeves to execute campaigns end-to-end.
Inworld is breaking new ground in a product category without a playbook. It's an environment where ambiguity is the norm, and we value individuals who thrive in uncertainty. You'll be in a constant cycle of experimentation, learning, and growth.
This role offers the impact, ownership, and visibility to do your career’s best work. We're open to candidates of all seniority levels, so don't hesitate to apply, even if your experience might not tick all the boxes. Just be prepared to show us you can do the job by understanding our product, competitors, and industry.
- Strategic Positioning: Develop and articulate clear and compelling value propositions for our character engine. Collaborate closely with the product and engineering teams to understand the technical aspects and translate them into customer benefits.
- Go-to-market Strategy: Create and implement targeted marketing campaigns that effectively reach and engage developers and decision makers. Cultivate and manage strategic relationships with key partners, developing collaborative marketing campaigns to maximize shared success.
- Content Creation: Generate high-quality, customer-facing content, including product messaging, whitepapers, case studies, and sales enablement materials that communicate the value of our character engine.
- Market Intelligence: Stay informed about industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs in AI and gaming. Utilize this knowledge to refine marketing strategies, identify new opportunities, and keep our products ahead of the curve.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Foster strong relationships with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, sales, and customer support. Act as the advocate for customer and market insights within the organization.
- Campaign Analysis: Monitor and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns, using data-driven insights to continuously optimize and improve our approach. Report on key metrics to demonstrate the impact of marketing efforts on business goals.
- BA/BS degree or higher; technical degrees and background is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of leading campaigns from inception to execution. A self starter with an ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- High technical fluency, with strong ability to influence and communicate directly with engineers on technical topics.
- Understanding of game development process and community.
- Strong storytelling and communication skills: written, verbal, and visual.
- An ability to influence x-functional stakeholders, including at the executive level.
- Ability to effectively build trust and relationships with internal teams and external partners.
- Background in gaming, AI, or tech.
- Experience scaling marketing at a start-up or fast-growing product from the ground up.