About the job
Who we are
Joyride Games is a full-stack platform for building and publishing web3-powered mobile game ecosystems. With more than 5MM players having already enjoyed Joyride’s initial titles (which have ranked consistently in the top ten blockchain-based games globally), its distribution platform and wallet infrastructure have one of the widest consumer reaches in web3.
Joyride’s premium Super Champs game franchise focuses on zany athletes competing in a range of super sports. Tennis Champs, the initial title in this franchise, is currently in beta with the holders of the Genesis collection of character avatar NFTs, which sold out within 30 seconds of launch.
We've spent decades building games on the edges of possibility at companies like Disney, Popcap, and Electronic Arts. Our team has built some of the biggest mobile games across platforms, entertaining over a billion people. These titles all earned enthusiastic and long-lived player communities that led to their commercial success.
Join us on this exciting journey as we build and power the next generation of mobile games together!
As a UI/UX Designer at Joyride, you will have a tremendous amount of influence over our product and our brand in the emerging web3 mobile gaming sector. You will work closely with our Director of UI/UX, game designers and engineers to create interfaces that simplify and communicate gameplay features, for both core gameplay and broader meta-game systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers' needs and pain points
- Design UX flows in that are intuitive, painless, and delightful
- Develop flexible designs that are library-based and extensible
- Create high-quality UI art assets (please show samples in your portfolio)
- Deliver key design artifacts such as style guides, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and finished UI assets
- Share your insights, ideas, and opinions with your stakeholders and team using data and customer insights. Articulate various trade-offs of a particular UI/UX design
- 5+ years of professional UI/UX experience with emphasis on mobile games
- Good knowledge of Figma
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices, fundamentals, and color composition
- Proven track record of improving UI/UX through testing and data analysis
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience owning & driving UI/UX design for major game features
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed, iterative environment
- Portfolio demonstrating strong visual design, including hands-on creation of game UI assets for shipped mobile games
*Note: we will only respond to applicants who meet minimum qualifications and provide a portfolio link
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in creating Design System Libraries in Figma
- Knowledge of implementation in Unity
- Motion UI Design - creating (or prototyping) UI animations