Compensation and title commensurate with experience
Who we are:
At Joyride Games, we build mobile web3 game ecosystems. We've spent decades building games on the edges of possibility at companies like Disney, Popcap, and Electronic Arts. Our team has built some of the biggest games on Facebook, iOS, and Android, entertaining over 300 million people. These titles all earned enthusiastic and long-lived player communities that led to their commercial success.
Our combined track records have taught us how important (and hard) it is to build a successful game with a vibrant and sustainable community. With Joyride, our goal is to put market-leading infrastructure for web3 games into the hands of every game creator.
The Joyride team is proud to have already released two web3 titles (Solitaire Blitz and Trickshot Blitz) that became Top 10 blockchain games (according to DappRadar.com). The Joyride Wallet has over 5 million users and has supported apps with over 1M+ monthly active users. We’re experiencing strong momentum and looking for the most driven, kind, and skilled candidates.
Join us on this exciting journey as we build the next generation of community-owned games together!
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a trailblazing VP of Marketing to work side-by-side with our business, product, and engineering leaders to lead Joyride’s web3 platform adoption across the gaming ecosystem.
We are looking for a Marketing leader who has a passion for community building, organic social media, brand-building, and gaming with a commitment to bringing evolved, polished, and innovative web3 products to consumers at scale.
The ideal candidate is motivated by the opportunity to build out our marketing operation with both a product mindset and a creator’s enthusiasm, architecting processes for a “flywheel effect” and operating systems with creativity and attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a true entrepreneur who is excited to roll up their sleeves and get things done, with nothing either too big or too small.
Your key responsibilities:
- Crafting a go-to-market strategy for the business, building an integrated marketing plan that supports business goals with a key focus on the channels that are critical to gamers and gaming companies including Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Telegram, etc.
- Leading product value proposition creation, developing messaging strategies that resonate with blockchain enthusiasts, gamers, and game developers; socializing them with cross-functional teams and ensuring relevant internal and external stakeholders feedback; testing positioning strategies ahead of product launches to ensure success
- Partnering deeply with Business, Product, Engineering and Legal teams to define and prioritize the product and feature roadmap, design, UX and associated requirements
- Creating and leading media (including social media) and press strategy as a part of the go-to-market roadmap, elevating them within the gaming blockchain arena and generating credibility across end-users and the the market
- Operationalize the go-to-market plan with the support of other marketing/channel resources
- Owning the evergreen marketing strategies and driving their execution through gaming and blockchain/cryptocurrency-specific channels (events, niche social platforms, influencer partnerships, etc.)
- Gathering ongoing qualitative and quantitative user insights;identifying opportunities for continuous improvement to existing products and features
- Reporting out regularly on product and strategy performance against revenue, acquisition, and other business goals, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and optimization
- Bachelor’s degree with record of achievement; MBA from top program nice to have (not required)
- 5+ years working in technology, consulting, marketing, and/or strategy roles
- 3+ years in roles bringing disruptive web3 products to market, building community-driven bottoms-up brands, and/or gaming
- “Swiss army knife” range of marketing and GTM skills – ability to balance tried and true tactics with innovative techniques alongside strong EQ and community management skills
- A strong understanding of the role that research plays in problem solving, tactical solutions, and creative execution
- Ability to think big and market to a global audience
- Willingness to be hands-on; owning both the strategy and execution
- A baseline understanding of publications, influencers, and media outlets that will be relevant and crucial to helping tell our story
- A natural curiosity to test, measure, learn, and iterate to get the best results possible
- Strong communication, both oral and written; specifically comfortable in writing press releases, blog articles, bylines, etc.
- Ability to prioritize while juggling multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Team player attitude with good follow through
- Owner mentality; self-accountable
- Mission-driven commitment to bring web3-powered entertainment to consumers on a mass scale