VFX Artist: Outsource Manager
Lightforge Games is a new studio bringing the roleplaying back into RPGs.
We're looking for people of all levels, backgrounds, voices, identities, and perspectives to join us on our journey. We strongly believe the key to making a better game, better company, and better industry begins with a diverse set of voices.
We value transparency, empathy, and personal growth, and we believe that making games is both an art and a science.
As a fully remote company, we're open to teammates living nearly anywhere. We practice nonlinear workdays, allowing everyone to determine how and when they work best. We also follow an open salary policy where all pay details are shared with everyone. This holds us accountable to fair pay.
Lightforge Games is very much a work-in-progress, and you can help shape who we are. Come join us to build something special!
Lightforge Games is looking for a VFX Artist/Outsource Manager!
As a VFX Outsource Manager, you’ll be working alongside talented external partners to provide the direction and solutions needed to align with the Art Director’s established style. You’re passionate about collaborating with gameplay teams to scope out what it’ll take to bring that cool new elemental to life and then carry that excitement when translating those needs to our partners. You’re excellent at providing feedback and tailoring it to how individual artists learn. You bring the knowledge gained from working on multiple games with various styles to establish smart pipelines and well-defined standards for hitting stylization goals. With that experience comes a desire to pass on what you’ve learned and to help grow and mentor an internal VFX team with guidance on best practices and how to grow their careers. By joining our team at this early stage of development, you’ll play a huge role in guiding the direction of our project and our team.
- Oversee the quality of VFX assets by setting and maintaining the bar for what good looks like
- Establish the game’s VFX creation pipeline in Unreal and ensure its smooth operation and scalability
- Direct and provide feedback for VFX teams, both in-house and external partners
- Concept, create, and implement compelling VFX into game builds
- Propose, scope, and estimate effects for a variety of gameplay needs while working with Art Department Leads to determine priority and strategy
- Embrace and uphold Lightforge’s Core Values
- Contribute your story to Lightforge's direction
- Listening to and empower the stories of others
- Expert ability with animation and VFX software - Unreal, Niagara, Blender, Maya, Photoshop, etc.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine (5.0+)
- Advanced technical knowledge for how to create high-quality, real-time game VFX
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals in color theory, light, shape language, composition, and movement
- Ability to communicate feedback in a concise and constructive way, including resources external to the studio
- Self-motivated and autonomous with the ability and desire to fully embrace a remote work culture
- Mentorship and leadership skills
- Experience growing a VFX department
- Comfortability with tracking and review software like JIRA and Syncsketch
Please Note: Lightforge Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
The base salary range for this role is between $169,700 and $195,400, depending on levels of skills and experience. The base salary range represents the low and high end of LFG’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance.
If this sounds like a job you might be suited for, but maybe you think you're not quite ready, we’d love to hear from you anyway! You never know what's around the corner...