Senior Tech Lead
We are looking for a talented senior tech lead to manage & contribute to our team that handles the core technology & architecture side of our stack.
LIV provides creators with the software necessary to capture and share their VR experiences. We are working on a new set of products around spatial content capture inside game engines and are looking to grow the team that works on the capture, encode/decode and playback with a senior tech lead. This is critical role for LIV -- we recently had our non-provisional technology patent granted and are looking to accelerate our product delivery timelines by beefing up the team and you'll join on the ground floor, with a lot of ownership and responsibilities, embedded on a team that consists of 3 brilliant engineers.
We are only reviewing applications that include a Cover Letter.
- Lead a team of developers building out the core low level functionality of our stack
- Able to delegate, break down & estimate tasks, run sprints
- Perform code reviews and offer constructive criticism
- Design forward-thinking, fast, and easy to use APIs
- Testing, profiling, and optimisation
- Maintaining our SDKs and handling releases
- 5+ years C++ experience
- 5+ years graphics programming experience
- Experience with Rust & Cargo
- In depth knowledge of video codecs
- Game engine experience (Unity, Unreal)
- Android JDK & NDK
- C++ Build Systems (CMake in particular)
- Experience with interprocess communication (Windows and/or Android)
- Strong mathematics skills
- Ability to comprehend and apply scholarly articles (in particular relating to NeRF's, AI 2d->3d inference models)
What We Bring
- Fully distributed company (work from (almost) anywhere in the world)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A "take time when you need it" vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development budget
- Virtual movie nights, gaming sessions, and other fun team events
- Ownership over your work and ability to make a strong impact at growing startup
- Company sponsored event trips (gaming conferences, Twitchcon etc)
- 2X/year company off-sites at a new location
What is it like working at LIV?
At LIV you can expect to work with a tight knit, collaborative team. Our goal is to continue to be, and grow, as the de facto platform for VR and AR content creation & consumption. We work hard, but make sure that we enjoy the ride and lead with a humans-first approach.
LIV is a leader in VR capture, streaming and VTubing solutions. You'll likely meet creators and game developers in the space, and become a part of our community. It's an excellent place to grow within VR and VR gaming. We're backed by some of the best VR and games investors used by the biggest streamers and creators in the world, such as Shroud, Pewdiepie and LSToast.
About LIV and your team
- LIV is an exciting 13-person startup in the VR industry
- We’re freshly funded and are proud to have some of the best gaming and VR investors in the world
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the company, with multiple big projects releasing in the coming months and fresh funding to execute
- You will be on the VolCap team, and you will meet your team members during the interview process
- The teams at LIV are diverse, and we're excited to add another team member that will bring their own unique perspective to everything we do
Talent Points that are particularly interesting to us:
- You have contributed to a UGC platform like VRChat, Rec Room, Gorilla Tag, Roblox and others
- You have worked on game-engine based SDK's in the past
- You have an interesting story about how you solved a complicated engineering problem
- You have a VR headset, and have worked on VR projects
- You have degrees in graphics, software engineering, mathematics, or similar experience
How to apply
- Please use the form here to apply
- We are only reviewing applications that include a Cover Letter.
- Though we'd like to, we're unable to respond to every applicant, so you'll only hear from us if we'd like to move forward with the interview process