Unity XR Developer
We are looking for an experienced Unity XR developer to help with building out our new application. The ideal candidate has worked on published XR consumer applications and has a deep understanding of Unity app development.
You will be working with the core applications team to deliver our next generation of products to market, used by tens of thousands of creators and developers.
- Create application flows from designs
- Work closely with the design team to deliver fantastic UX
- Testing, profiling, and optimisation in particular for standalone devices
- Develop polished immersive interactions
What You Bring
- 3+ years Unity & VR/AR/XR experience
- Skilled in writing and optimizing shaders in Unity
- Ability to write maintainable and efficient code
- Have worked with standalone VR in particular Android based devices like Quest
- Experience with networking and multiplayer games
- Real-time animation experience in particular procedural and IK
- Experience with native plugins in unity and C++
What We Bring
- Fully distributed company (work from (almost) anywhere in the world)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A "take time when you need it" vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Mental wellness budget
- Professional development budget
- Virtual movie nights, gaming sessions, and other fun team events
- Ownership over your work and ability to make a strong impact at growing startup
- Company sponsored event trips (gaming conferences, Twitchcon etc)
What is it like working at LIV?
At LIV you can expect to work with a tight knit, collaborative team. Our goal is to continue to be, and grow, as the de facto platform for VR and AR content creation & consumption. We work hard, but make sure that we enjoy the ride and lead with a humans-first approach.
LIV is a leader in VR capture, streaming and VTubing solutions. Our rise to fame was mixed reality capture with the globally viral Beat Saber videos, and since 2016 we’ve been leading the charge in providing the technologies for the next generation of streamers and content creators.
By joining LIV, you’ll join a bleeding edge VR capture & streaming technology company in the world, backed by some of the biggest names in VR and AR and used by the biggest streamers and creators in the world, such as Shroud, Pewdiepie and LSToast.
About LIV and your team
- LIV is an exciting 13-person startup in the VR industry
- We’re freshly funded and are proud to have some of the best gaming and VR investors in the world
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the company, with multiple big projects releasing in the coming months and fresh funding to execute
- You will be on the Avatar team, and you will meet your team members during the interview process
- The Avatar team is a diverse team, and we're excited to add another team member that will bring their own unique perspective to everything we do
Talent Points that are particularly interesting to us:
- Product Manager experience at an early stage technology startup
- Have worked in a developer role previously
- Has experience in or passion for streaming or VTubing
- Have an existing understanding of how VRChat, NeosVR, Rec Room and others handle Avatar solutions
- Passion for computer hardware, software and games
How to apply
- Please use the form here to apply
- Though we'd like to, we're unable to respond to every applicant, so you'll only hear from us if we'd like to move forward with the interview process