Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Manticore Games® is the developer of Core, a premier gaming UGC platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. It’s a radically accessible game construction kit and social game-playing platform, all-in-one. Manticore is now leveraging the power of Core to build a new immersive, life-simulation MMO experience.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for high-fidelity iOS games to help us build an interconnected, entertaining multiplayer experience. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA, but this role can be fully remote.
- Develop and maintain the iOS version of Core.
- Diagnose and fix mobile performance issues, such as overheating and battery use.
- Work with non-engineering teams on iOS-specific issues.
- Design and implement systems and UI for both desktop and iOS.
- Implement integrations with iOS and App Store services.
- Improve engineering workflows.
- 3+ years of iOS 3D game development.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- C++ experience.
- Proven problem-solving and application of good software programming practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- Experience using Unreal Engine, especially for iOS games.
- Experience optimizing games for mobile devices, including Android.
- Have shipped multiple finished products in a lead or senior position.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- ADP Employee Discount Program
- Monthly Snack/fruit Boxes
- Daily Lunch (in office only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (in office only)
$110,000/year to $175,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.