Lead Backend Engineer (Remote)
Our Current Backend Stack:
- Async typed Python (similar to typescript)
Our Planned Stack Upgrades:
- C# dedicated game servers to handle running custom Lua code for UGC
Here are the skills and qualities we're looking for in our ideal candidate:
- You have exceptional backend development experience and have experience with the core technologies in our current backend stack.
- You have extensive experience managing infrastructure at scale, with proven success at delivering stability and performance.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in backend development and infrastructure management.
- You have experience architecting, designing, and implementing a wide array of software products.
- You have experience with the Unity engine, either as a game developer or on the backend.
- You have experience supporting mission-critical applications at scale.
- You have built any side projects or games outside of work or made significant open-source contributions.
- You have experience programming in Lua.
- You are passionate about leading a team of developers to deliver solutions to solve product and business-level problems.
- You are a starter who loves to experiment and learn new things.
- You’re high energy and you feel comfortable leading and pushing your team to succeed.
- You absolutely love what you do. Your work is your passion and you value working with people who feel the same.