SENIOR ENGINEER - UNREAL ENGINE
SENIOR ENGINEER - UNREAL ENGINEWHO WE ARE
We set out to make games worthy of earning players' love, games that will create life-long relationships, that will warm hearts and challenge minds. And great games can only be made by great teams. Teams who are in it for no other reason but to make something amazing for players and really understand the audience they serve - because they are a part of that audience. Teams humble enough to never take anything for granted but ambitious enough to take the bets that others are afraid of. Teams that aim to win and are unafraid to leverage their talent to do it. Teams that are kind and have each other’s backs even as they fearlessly debate each other in search of truth, not comfort. Teams full of SEEKERS who never settle for “adequate”, and do it with heart.ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joining a startup can be intimidating, but can be exceptionally rewarding. We do our best to make sure Seekers’ needs are met so they can focus on what they love most - building games!
- We are fully remote. We built the company as remote at its core, not an afterthought. We default to trusting and empowering our team. We get together in-person a few times a year to reinforce strong relationships. We also offer WFH annual budget for those who want to invest in their home office.
- We offer flexible PTO and fantastic benefits. We offer generous medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as a 401k with an employer match.
- We share in success. We reward all of our Seekers with equity, because when we win, we win together.
We are seeking a senior engineer with Unreal Engine experience to bootstrap our prototype, implement engineering best practices, and work closely with the game design team to implement new game features and systems. We seek someone who is motivated by building the best game for the players, not by creating the most brilliant technical solution. As such, you must be able to walk the line of implementing in a scalable, sustainable way and at the same time quickly iterating during the prototype phase, frequently trying and discarding solutions that don’t work while reinforcing and hardening solutions that prove viable.
- Collaborate with Game Design team to design, implement, optimize, and support game features and systems
- Implement and maintain best engineering practices s.a. CI/CD and automated testing
- Extend, optimize, and debug custom engine systems and game code
- Extend, optimize, and debug Unreal Engine systems
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Mentor and review the work of other engineers
- We are looking for ARPG/co-op players who deeply love the genre and want to innovate and create in this space
- The ideal candidate is a generalist with broad experience in engine systems and architectures, including considerable experience leading development in areas such as general engine systems, memory management, streaming IO, rendering, physics, networking, and engine support for consoles and PCs
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and optimizing engine systems
- 1+ shipped titles on console or PC
- Significant experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Proficiency in C++, linear algebra, and general 3D mathematics
- Proficiency in computer architecture, memory management, streaming IO, and cross-platform development
- Experience designing and implementing multi-threaded software
- Self-motivated, organized, and focused
- Effective communicator and collaborator with contributors from all disciplines
Base salary range between $150,000 USD - $200,000 USD (Base salary range for applicants located within the United States)