Principal Concept Artist
Who We Are
We set out to make games worthy of earning players' love. Games that create life-long relationships. Games that warm hearts and challenge minds. And great games can only be made by great teams. Teams who are in it for no other reason than to make something amazing for players and who really understand the audience they serve - because they are a part of that audience. Teams humble enough to never take anything for granted but ambitious enough to take the bets that others are afraid of. Teams that aim to win and are unafraid to leverage their talent to do it. Teams that are kind and have each other’s backs even as they fearlessly debate each other in search of truth, not comfort. Teams full of SEEKERS who never settle for “adequate” and do it with heart.
About the Company
Joining a startup can be intimidating, but can be exceptionally rewarding. We do our best to make sure Seekers’ needs are met so they can focus on what they love most - building games!
- We are fully remote. We built the company as remote at its core, not an afterthought. We default to trusting and empowering our team. We get together in-person a few times a year to reinforce strong relationships. We also offer WFH annual budget for those who want to invest in their home office.
- We offer flexible PTO and fantastic benefits. We offer generous medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as a 401k with an employer match.
- We share in success. We reward all of our Seekers with equity, because when we win, we win together.
We are seeking a Principal Concept Artist to be the lynchpin in shaping the identity, style, and tone for our first game. This role is for someone with a discerning eye, the imagination to envision iconic characters, and the drive to help mold the overarching aesthetic for our game. As we’re a small team, candidates who are also willing and able to roll up their sleeves and jump into early asset creation are highly desired.
- Coordinate with the Art Director to establish a captivating and consistent visual style that appeals to a broad audience
- Develop and maintain comprehensive art style guidelines to ensure visual consistency throughout the game
- Collaborate with Game Design to translate ideas into stunning visual concepts to be used as blueprints for asset creation
- Help guide external art collaborators, ensuring alignment with our art vision
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials and key assets
- We are looking for ARPG/co-op players who deeply love the genre and want to innovate and create in this space
- The ideal candidate has a passion for character and creature design with a vision and style that appeals to a broad audience
- Profound understanding of anatomy, fashion, visual storytelling and the ability to translate that into designs that captivate the audience
- 5+ years of experience in a concept art role with at least one shipped title on console or PC
- Experience as a key contributor in developing the visual style for a game with a diverse global audience
- Willingness to explore how emergent technologies can streamline development without compromising creative quality and ownership
- Self-motivated, organized, and focused
- Effective communicator and collaborator with contributors from all disciplines
- Must be able to work within the core hours of 10am-4pm Pacific time zone.
Base salary range between $125,000 USD - $165,000 USD (Base salary range for applicants located within the United States).
Seeker is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that welcomes all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.