Who We Are
We set out to make games worthy of earning players' love. Games that create life-long relationships. Games that warm hearts and challenge minds. And great games can only be made by great teams. Teams who are in it for no other reason than to make something amazing for players and who really understand the audience they serve - because they are a part of that audience. Teams humble enough to never take anything for granted but ambitious enough to take the bets that others are afraid of. Teams that aim to win and are unafraid to leverage their talent to do it. Teams that are kind and have each other’s backs even as they fearlessly debate each other in search of truth, not comfort. Teams full of SEEKERS who never settle for “adequate” and do it with heart.
About the Company
Joining a startup can be intimidating, but can be exceptionally rewarding. We do our best to make sure Seekers’ needs are met so they can focus on what they love most - building games!
- We are fully remote. We built the company as remote at its core, not an afterthought. We default to trusting and empowering our team. We get together in-person a few times a year to reinforce strong relationships. We also offer WFH annual budget for those who want to invest in their home office.
- We offer flexible PTO and fantastic benefits. We offer generous medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance benefits, as well as a 401k with an employer match.
- We share in success. We reward all of our Seekers with equity, because when we win, we win together.
Job Description - Art Director
We are seeking an Art Director ready to shape the visual heart of our game, support our prototype’s evolution, and spearhead the growth of our art team. This role is for someone who is driven by the desire to craft a phenomenal game for our players, using art as a conduit for emotion and gameplay. As a small team focusing on our prototype phase, we need an individual who can both set the overarching artistic direction and be hands-on in creating foundational assets.
- Establish a captivating and consistent visual style that appeals to a broad audience
- Collaborate with Game Design to ensure art supports the needs of gameplay and the desired emotional impact of the narrative
- Develop and maintain comprehensive art guidelines to ensure visual consistency throughout the game
- Hire, inspire, and mentor the art team, nurturing a culture of creativity and collaboration
- Provide regular critiques and feedback on art assets to maintain quality and stylistic standards
- Guide external art collaborators, ensuring alignment with our art vision
- Work with technical leads to establish workflows and ensure the art aligns with the capabilities of the game engine
- Supervise art resources and timelines, ensuring timely and budget-friendly deliverables
- Directly contribute to early game assets supporting prototype progression
- We are looking for ARPG/co-op players who deeply love the genre and want to innovate and create in this space
- The ideal candidate has a passion for the big picture, developing overall style and establishing teams, but gets restless if they don’t pick up a brush for too long. They are just as excited to provide feedback on an artist’s work as they are to see their own efforts in-engine
- 5+ years of experience in an art leadership role with multiple shipped titles on console or PC
- Experience developing visual style from scratch for a game with a diverse global audience
- Experience coordinating with art production for a game title including staffing, outsourcing, timelines and budgets
- Strong portfolio of work showcasing a broad range of skills from concept art to character design and environmental design and comfortable leveraging that to create early game assets to support prototype development
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or 5 and willingness to explore how emergent technologies can streamline development without compromising creative quality and ownership
- Self-motivated, organized, and focused
- Effective communicator and collaborator with contributors from all disciplines
- Must be able to work within the core hours of 10am-4pm Pacific time zone.
Base salary range between $150,000 USD - $200,000 USD (Base salary range for applicants located within the United States). Seeker is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that welcomes all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.