Software Engineer, Android
- Refactor, maintain, and extend the open source credential wallet application on both Android and iOS. The desired architecture is a set of reusable SDK legos that contain most of the core functionality and UX workflow components. The completed user-facing application should exist as a thin layer of integration code and styling over the SDKs.
- Establish CI/CD for the mobile application including release to the TestFlight, App Store, Play Store Beta, and Play Store, integrated with the CI/CD of the rest of the software supply chain (such as triggering builds when dependencies change).
- Work closely with a project team and product managers responsible for managing user stories, features, and releases.
- Work with designers to bring a concept to life with fully functioning user interfaces.
- Adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written communications skills (necessary for remote work).
- 2+ years experience shipping both iOS and Android applications.
- 4+ years experience shipping either iOS or Android applications.
- Ability to write software that interacts with low level communications protocols, especially Bluetooth Low Energy, NFC, and WiFi Aware.
- Comfortable with rapid directional changes of focus in a startup environment.
- Experience collaborating with diverse project and engineering teams.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Understanding of computer security, basic use of cryptography, and principles of user data privacy.
- [BONUS] Experience with secure enclaves, hardware-based cryptography, or sensitive data handling on Android and/or iOS.
- [BONUS] Bachelor's Degree in computer science, IT, engineering, or related field.