Business Development, Public Sector
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
SpruceID is on a mission to help consumers take control and ownership of their identity and the data that is associated with it. SpruceID is building a future where users own their identity and data across all digital interactions. Our open-source credentialing infrastructure is standards-compliant, production-ready, and extensible to typical enterprise and government IT systems. We’re a team of thoughtful, nimble experts in open-sourced software development, user experience, and public policy. Transparency, privacy, and interoperability are hallmarks of our work.
We are hiring a business development wizard to own relationship management across the public sector to drive SpruceID business development, including both net-new and expansion opportunities. They will proactively strategize and prioritize opportunities across the federal and SLED landscape to optimize our Go-To-Market efforts aligned with product strategy. This role will also synthesize market learnings to inform our product development, thought leadership, and overall brand positioning.
Applicants to be considered for this role must be based in the United States.
- Research initiatives across federal and state level governments to inform and craft BD strategies
- Manage outreach campaigns and build relationships with relevant audiences
- Collaborate with Product team to identify and articulate relevant use cases and product opportunities
- Drive the full opportunity lifecycle from a relationship management perspective with high accountability
- Identify and close small, quick wins while simultaneously managing extended, complex sales cycles
- Manage and collaborate with consultants and lobbyists to drive Public Sector BD strategy
- Project manage internal coordination for responses to RFIs and RFPS
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated success selling to the public sector
- Deep understanding of federal and/or SLED contracting processes
- Proven success in Business Development (or other similar GTM role) at a fast-growing startup
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including both technical and non-technical topics
- Working understanding of the identity industry and/or relevant technologies to digital verifiable credentials, including ISO mDLs and W3C VCs
We are passionate about cultivating a thriving culture of diverse individuals who bring unique perspectives to our mission. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.