React Native Developer
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
At Spruce, we are reimagining trusted interactions by creating the world’s best software for packaging assertions digitally. We are a team of programmers developing world-class open source software implementing open standards for identity.
There are no well-worn paths or theoreticals here. Every Spruce technical staffer gets their hands dirty writing code, learning new technologies, and solving problems at the bleeding edge of our space. We hire results-oriented developers who love technology and are committed to intellectual honesty, user privacy, and innovation.
The ideal candidate for this engineering role will have experience developing mobile applications through their full lifecycle, from concept through shipping to maintenance. You will work on a privacy-first digital identity wallet, controlled by the end user. We use a combination of core identity libraries, cutting-edge cryptography, and new interoperable identity standards.
- Create React Native SDKs including an open-source React Native SDK that will be used to build credential wallet applications
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers; responsible for managing user stories, features, and releases
- Write solid test cases to test SDK
- Write sample wallet applications
- 4+ years of experience working with React Native
- Experience with one or more of Swift, Kotlin, Flutter
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience collaborating with geographically and culturally diverse engineering scrum teams
- Understanding of security, basic use of cryptography, and principles of user data privacy
- Experience with low level communications protocols, especially Bluetooth Low Energy, NFC, and WiFi Aware
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with secure enclaves, hardware-based cryptography or sensitive data handling
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, IT, engineering, or related field
We are passionate about cultivating a thriving culture of diverse individuals who bring unique perspectives to our mission. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.