Back End Developer
StockGro is a mobile-first cross-platform (Android & iOS, Mobile + Web App) Fintech product that’s empowering 25 million+ users to master the art of trading and investment in a risk-free and gamified manner. At StockGro - India’s First and Largest Social Investment Platform, users indulge in Social Investing and learn various trading strategies by interacting with leading fund managers, F&O traders, and algo traders.
Founded in January 2020 by former venture capitalist Ajay Lakhotia, we’re well-funded and just closed a massive Pre-Series A fundraise. We are backed by some of the respected investors - Roots Ventures, Velo Partners, Creed Capital, and the likes of Kunal Shah, Vivekananda Hallekere, Rahul Garg as Angels.
We have some brilliant minds with us, working on a mission to make 400 million Indian millennials investment-ready, with Senior Executives from Sequoia, Swiggy, Glance, Airtel, Uber, and institutions like ISB, NITs, and IIMs.
We are looking for a backend engineer and developer who can:
- Work closely with product, design and business teams to understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver series of ultra fast experiments
- Architect and implement backend services with high reliability and scalability
- Complete ownership of design/architect/develop/deploy phases while collaborating with technical and nontechnical stakeholders on all elements of the development process.
- Setup best practices for development and advocate their adoption
- Write quality documentation and handle conflicts well to build consensus
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and frameworks to maximize development efficiency
- Mentor young minds around you and foster team spirit
- 3+ years of strong programming expertise in Golang and databases like PostgreSQL / MySQL / MongoDB
- Build highly scalable REST APIs that align with StockGro’s needs
- Strong knowledge of databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- You have experience building scalable customer-facing applications that are high-performance, highly-available, highly transactional, low latency and massively distributed.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
- Experience in designing and developing service-oriented architecture
- Experience with cache-store / message broker like Redis / RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Having an understanding of GCP, Kubernetes, Docker will be beneficial
- Interest in learning new languages/frameworks as needed
- Worked in a startup environment with high levels of ownership and commitment
What are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and be able to work independently.
- He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to ship product is super critical.