Game Design Intern (Summer 2024)
Join Tatsu Works, a passionate game studio, where we're dedicated to crafting immersive gaming experiences and enhancing global gaming communities. We're looking for a Game Design Intern to join us to work on our latest development, Tatsumeeko, a Fantasy Life-simulator RPG that blends social immersion with classic RPG elements, set in the expansive world of Ielia. We're breaking new ground by making Tatsumeeko accessible on both Discord and mobile platforms, merging social interaction with combat and adventure. Come be part of the future of gaming at Tatsu Works!
Availability from any time between April 2024 to December 2024 (Summer/Fall/Winter '24)
Minimum commitment period of 3-6 months
Game Design Intern Responsibilities
- Support drafting game system design, meta design, skill designs, etc.
- Work closely together with other game designers
- Collaborate with other departments in the development team (Tech, Art, QA, Product, etc) to create the best game possible
- Assist in designing game content based on the overall game's creative direction to entertain a massive audience
- Conduct preliminary testing to ensure that all systems/content are implemented as intended
- Analyze User Feedback and Social Metrics to adjust gameplay, stats, balance, and design
- Test game builds and document any issues identified
You may be a good fit if you:
- Possess good communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Able and willing to pick up new tools as required
- Are driven to work independently and are self-motivated
- Possess an incredible amount of passion for games and can easily communicate your ideas in an effective manner.
- Are at least familiar with the use of Google Sheet functions (eg. Pivot tables, Index Match, etc)
- Can work efficiently within deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Comfortable in working with remote team members in various timezones
- Enjoy mobile gacha games and MMORPGs
- Possess a strong grasp of English, both written and spoken