UI/UX Designer (Contract)
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
As a UX Designer, you’ll be designing delightful and useful game interfaces for the core gameplay and meta game systems on Project Loki. You’ll do competitive analysis, building wireframes, prototypes, and other design components to communicate design ideas.
If you’re a UX Designer who wants to help us build faster and think our culture sounds good, we would love to hear from you.
Ideally, you have:
- 3+ Years of experience
- High familiarity and expertise of action-game genres - in particular MOBAs, Hero Shooters, and Battle Royales
- Comfortable working in Figma
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity working in Unreal
- Strong understanding how to make cross-disciplinary tradeoffs between game design, art, and engineering
- Great visual design skills
- Expertise in building design components or libraries
We are a small team with big ambitions. We are hungry and want to win. We want to stay small, move fast, and ship early (while we’re still embarrassed). Whenever possible we opt to buy vs. build and we view game development as our craft - not our specialized sub-disciplines. We’re looking for people who thrive with a lot of freedom and responsibility; who wear a lot of different hats comfortably; and who are always, always acting on behalf of the player.
Theorycraft offers competitive base salaries and generous equity packages for full-time employees. As a pre-revenue startup, our base salary range for all roles, including this one, is $80k-$225k. Final base salary will be determined by an array of factors including internal equity, job related knowledge, skills, and work experience.
This position is a fixed term contract, up to 6 months depending on business needs.