Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
About Voicemod 🚀
At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 30 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 150+ people working remotely from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future. Does it sound like you?
Working at Voicemod means 🎖️
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft
About the role 💡
You’ll join our Audio Engine team as their Engineering Manager, being responsible for leading and guiding the most important part of our engineering organization - our people. Reporting to the Engineering Director, you will partner with the Product Management team to develop best-in-class user experience.
What you'll do 💼
- Make the bridge between product management and the engineering team, helping them to find the best technical solutions to meet the product requirements and help prioritizing them.
- Propose, define, track and report key results and KPIs.
- Identify dependencies, plan around it and focus on predictability of delivery.
- Define processes to proactively protect our live user base, leading cross-functional teams to mitigate and resolve issues impacting our live user experience.
- Define project and product plans, driving technical projects and features to success and providing leadership while keeping up with the organization’s fast pace.
- Understand the scope of the product, features and team's velocity to drive execution and delivery.
- Work with the team members to explicitly define their development goals and career aspirations, put development plans in place and help them succeed.
- Have 1:1s with your team members, being able to keep them engaged and motivated in order to achieve the best results.
- Build a positive team culture, supporting and guiding colleagues, empowering them to grow.
- Consistently look for opportunities to implement new technologies, tools, and best practices.
What you'll need ✅
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development, with at least 3 of them working as a Tech Lead or in a management role.
- Experience managing delivery, projects, risks and dependencies using Agile (Scrum, Kanban) methodologies.
- Experience with hands-on people management, setting personal development and business objectives, managing employees’ expectations and careers.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Product Managers, Designers, UX, QA, etc).
- Used to working with live products with a massive user base, therefore understanding distributed systems, multi-client/server architectures and performance optimization.
- Expertise in designing and implementing technical and operational processes, with a focus on engineering best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to adjust to different audiences with or without technical background and different seniority levels.
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and competing priorities, being able to make tradeoffs and define priorities without compromising quality.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken (C1).
Bonus Points 🦄
- Experience in managing partially or full remote teams.
- Experience working in startups.
- Passion for audio, music, recording or sound in any shape or form.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at Voicemod.
Hiring process ⚙️
Our interview process takes place on Google Meet and tends to consist of the following stages:
1️⃣ TA Team - Validate details, experience and tell you more about Voicemod (30min).
2️⃣ Hiring Manager - Give you a job overview and go deeper on your professional experience (60min).
3️⃣ Technical Interview - We’ll go deeper on your technical skills (60min).
4️⃣ Final Interview - Last conversation focused on soft skills and ways of working (60min).
Our perks ❤️
⏱ Flexible Working Hours - Adapt your job to your lifestyle. You do you!
🌍 Remote Working - Decide if you want to work from home, from our office in Valencia, or wherever you might be traveling to!
✈️ 26 vacation days - 23 regular days + December 24th & 31st + your birthday off!
🏖️ Extra week off in August - Don't worry about pending stuff, the entire company will be off!
📖 Learning & Development - Enjoy LinkedIn training courses covered by us.
🏥 Wellbeing - Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain.
🔌 Remote stipend - To compensate for remote working costs.
🧑🏫 Free English or Spanish lessons - From beginner to advanced levels.
🎮 Gamer-oriented environment - Gaming nights are common around here!
What are we doing and how does it look like to work with us? Check out the links below!
YouTube | Careers Page | Glassdoor | Blog | Medium | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | TikTok | Facebook
If you haven't used Voicemod yet, you can download it here!!
See more open positions at Voicemod
Something looks off?